- If the only tool you have is a hammer, you tend to see every problem as a nail.
- You can teach a student a lesson for a day; but if you can teach him to learn by creating curiosity, he will continue the learning process as long as he lives.
Clay P. Bedford
- Aim for success, not perfection. Never give up your right to be wrong, because then you will lose the ability to learn new things and move forward with your life. Remember that fear always lurks behind perfectionism.
David M. Burns
- A teacher affects eternity; he can never tell where his influence stops.
Henry B Adams
- Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you, too, can become great.
- The first problem for all of us, men and women, is not to learn, but to unlearn.
- Children have never been very good at listening to their elders, but they have never failed to imitate them.
- Education is a progressive discovery of our own ignorance.
- The difference between school and life? In school, you’re taught a lesson and then given a test. In life, you’re given a test that teaches you a lesson.
- Tell me and I’ll forget; show me and I may remember; involve me and I’ll understand.
- If someone is going down the wrong road, he doesn’t need motivation to speed him up. What he needs is education to turn him around.
- People learn something every day, and a lot of times it’s that what they learned the day before was wrong.
- Education cost money, but then so does ignorance.
- What sculpture is to a block of marble. education is to the human soul.
- Education makes a people easy to lead.but difficult to drive: easy to govern, but impossible to enslave.
- Do not train children to learning by force and harshness, but direct them to it by what amuses their minds, so that you may be better able to discover with accuracy the peculiar bent of the genius of each.
- It is in fact a part of the function of education to help us escape, not from our own time — for we are bound by that — but from the intellectual and emotional limitations of our time.
- If people did not do silly things, nothing intelligent would ever get done.
- The beautiful thing about learning is that no one can take it away from you.